Thursday 17 February 2011

Repetition, Pattern, and Porcelain






Front
                                                                  
Back







It’s getting to that hectic time of year again! The collections are keeping us kids up all night with worry.With no sleep is it really any wonder when we cut a big chunk of our hand off with fabric shears? Yes, Sophie Fearnie, I’m talking to you! I’ve decided to lay down the saw for awhile to avoid losing a finger, picked up the super glue and bound them together instead.

I made a case using Yayoi Kusama’s piece “Let’s Carry the Flowers” (below) and her vast fields of polka dots as sources of inspiration.pastels/florals/tea rooms/picnics/springtime.I can feel the hay fever!


Also, a big Thank You to Mary Freeman!a local Glasgow based sculptor who gave me tons of houses to use for an upcoming photo shoot.






No comments:

Post a Comment